Friday 2 January 2015

Review: The Snow Field, Haenuli, and Tejajamillia Tights

This is a product review for 3 pairs of tights from 3 different brands that offer plus sized/tall tights; The Snow Field, Haenuli, and Tejajamillia. Finding tights that fit properly can be a pain for tall lolitas, and it's even more difficult when the tights are printed as the print will become warped if they do not fit properly. So here are the 3 pairs I will be reviewing today:

1. The Snow Field's water lily of monet tights in white (size 2)
Unfortunately, The Snow Field is no longer in business. 

2. Haenuli's royal jewel tights in black (one size)
You can order from Haenuli from their Storenvy or on Facebook.

3. Tejajamillia's crown printed tights in white (medium tall size)
You can order from Tejajamillia on their Etsy shop


Left pair: The Snow Field, middle pair: Haenuli, Right pair: Tejajamillia




To make this review more helpful I am including my specific measurements:

Height: 182cm
Foot size: 27cm (11.5 womens or 42-43 womens)
Inseam: 88cm
Knee to floor: 56cm
Largest part of calf: 38cm circumference 
Largest part of thigh: 44cm circumference

So lets see how they fit... 



The Snow Field's tights fit very well and the material they are made out of feels thick and sturdy. I think these ones were the best fit of the 3 pairs! The print maintained good form and the print is on both sides of the tights and not just the front.

Note: The Snow Field is no longer in business, I did this review right before they closed for good. I was very disappointed to see them go as their tights are still my absolute favorite. 

Fit: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Print: 5/5

Conclusion: I would definitely buy another pair of tights from The Snow Field, if I could. 


Haenuli's tights actually felt a bit big on me surprisingly. The waist was super high on me and I had a bit of extra length in the legs as well (no complaints here!). The material of the tights feels slightly less thick than The Snow Field's, but is still sturdy feeling. I did not like the fading in the print when stretched but I believe that happens with all black colored tights. Otherwise the print maintained good form and the print is on both sides of the tights. The major thing I did not like about them was the print itself. The bottom part of the print is beautiful but I am not a fan of the fake garter print on the top part of the tights. I feel as though it makes my legs look slightly stumpy due to the 'cut off' of the main print being right above my knee. In the future I will probably be wearing these tights with a knee length dress so the garter print is not visible. Luckly the print goes up to the top with most of Haenuli's tights (this pair looks to be the exception). 

Note: I have purchased more pairs of Haenuli tights since this review and their newer tights aren't quite as roomy as these ones. However, they still work well for my height, so I am still happy to recommend them!

Fit: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Print: 4/5

Conclusion: I would buy more tights from Haenuli, but not ones of this specific style (with garter print) or color (black) due to fading. 


Tejajamillia's tights concerned me a little before I even put them on because of how short they look. However, they are VERY stretchy. I was happy to see that they were long enough to be wearable, but the crotch in the tights didn't quite make it up all the way. Nonetheless, they are still pretty comfortable to wear and don't feel too tight in the legs. The print maintained good form, but these ones only have a print on the front side. Tejajamillia offers tights in S/M, M/T, L/T, Large, and XL/Plus sized. I ordered M/T, but L/T may have fit me slightly better. These tights are also made out of thick and sturdy material. 

Note: I recently made another order from Tejajamillia more recently and I ordered the same size (M/T) but the tights I received were larger than the first pair I ordered. This leads me to believe that the pair of tights I reviewed for this post were actually size S/M

Fit: 4/5
Quality: 5/5
Print: 4/5 (I was a bit disappointed that the print was only on one side)

Conclusion: I would buy from Tejajamillia again.


I am very happy with all of these tights. I definitely prefer these tights over the socks I have tried out as they fit better, are more comfortable, and I don't have to worry about them sliding down! Lastly, tights are a better choice to wear with shorter dresses (opposed to socks) because the gap of skin between the top of your socks and the bottom of your dress can accentuate the shortness. 

I hope you found this review helpful. 
If you have any more questions please leave them in the comments!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I have a pair of Tejajamillia narwhal pirate tights from several years ago, I honestly never thought I'd hear the name again but indeed I did buy them because they were marketed to tall girls. I wasn't thrilled with them but wasn't disappointed either. Had no problems with length, but I am 2 inches shorter than you, so that's the difference I'm sure. Mostly I felt like I was overpaying for the not-so-comparable quality of the tights. They seemed like your everyday run of the mill tights with the added bonus of a huge price tag to me. :P

    I really want to try Haenuli tights in the For Juliette pattern. They're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete