Thursday 15 January 2015

Review: Innocent World Socks

This is a review of Innocent Worlds socks and how they fit on taller people. I have 4 pairs of socks to go through today. One pair is knee high (UTK) and the other three pairs are thigh high (OTK). Two of these pairs are older, and two of them I recently received in the mail. From left to right in the picture below I have:

1. IW Toy Parade UTK socks in whitexblack

2. IW Felicia Crown OTK socks in ivoryxbrown

3. IW Embossed Crown OTK socks in black

4. IW Ribbon Logo OTK socks in ivoryxnavy






To make this review more helpful I am including my specific measurements:


Height: 182cm
Foot size: 27cm (11.5 womens or 42-43 womens)
Inseam: 88cm
Knee to floor: 56cm
Largest part of calf: 38cm circumference


Lets see how they fit!


1. IW Toy Parade socks


These socks are slightly short on me but I don't really mind where they sit on my legs. They aren't uncomfortably tight but I feel they would look better on someone who has a smaller calf because you can see some warping of the pattern around the largest part of my calf. I think these would look really cute with a longer dress that covers your knees (personal preference). I would not recommend these socks to anyone with legs any larger than mine, and they would look best on someone slightly shorter/smaller.



2. IW Felicia Crown socks


I think these ones held up rather well. The pattern held up to the stretching and the socks made it up over my knee by a few inches. I wish the band that hold up the socks was a bit thicker as it kind of squishes into my leg. It is hard to see in the picture but the socks do look a little stretched overall (you an see how they look sheer on my knee). They are not uncomfortable, but again, I would not recommend them to anyone with larger measurements than my own. 



3. IW Embossed Crown socks


I think this is my favourite pair of all! The pattern held up really well and they went up to about the same place as the Felicia crown socks (also I just love crowns). I wouldn't say these ones really feel any bigger/roomier than the other pairs though. 



4. IW Ribbon Logo socks


The pattern on this one ended up being a little warped but I don't think its terrible looking. I think the bows on the top of the foot are adorable! As for fit I would say they are pretty close to the other two pairs of OTKs, so (thankfully) it looks like IW is pretty consistent with their sock sizes. 


Conclusion

I think these socks can work for people up to 6 feet tall with similar measurements to mine (listed above). I would not recommend these socks to anyone with larger measurements as I felt like I was right on the cusp of them being too small. 

Quality: 5/5 
Pretty much everything I have owned from IW has been amazing quality!

Fit: 4/5
They fit pretty well but on a few pairs the pattern was getting slightly warped so I feel they would fit best on someone with slightly smaller measurements than mine. 

Would I buy more socks from IW? Maybe. If I saw a print that I absolutely loved I might go for it, but I will have to take into account if the pattern would look OK slightly stretched. I prefer tights that are actually made for taller people as they are comfier and don't fall down the way socks do. Of course, I will definitely still be buying IWs other items!


I hope you found this review helpful, 
if you have any other questions please leave them in the comments!!










4 comments:

  1. These all look too small to the objective eye, like when you spot someone on the street wearing clothes two sizes too small. The first pair look the best by far, all subsequent pairs look painful to wear, honestly. :( That's too bad about Japanese socks, but it makes sense because Japan doesn't acknowledge women with feet larger than US 7. You should try Zettairyouiki brand thigh high socks, they work super well for me and aren't warped at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of these look too tight at all... to be honest, if you're not in lolita fashion I don't know why you would be making comments/giving advice for a lolita blog...

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for your blog! I'm tall enough to have problems (170cm with long arms and whatnot) I've been wonder about Innocent World's socks fitting me. I am more confident they will now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manufactured with jacquard technique and equipped with anti-fouling functioning. custom made dress socks

    ReplyDelete