Tuesday 12 May 2015

Review: Lady Sloth Blouse and Underskirt

photos by Lady Sloth

I have had a very difficult time finding a blouse that actually fits me well. Even blouses that have longer arms often are ill-fitting because their back measurements are still small on me. So I decided to look into Lady Sloth because she does custom orders. I only ordered a couple things so I could be sure I was happy with her work before I ordered more.

Here is what I ordered:

1. Bow tie Chiffon Blouse (long sleeved) in Black

2. Chiffon and Lace Underskirt in Black (I requested mine to be 60cm in length)



I put in my order on Lady Sloth's Storenvy on Febuary 12th and received my order in the mail on March 31st. If you order from Lady Sloth make sure you are aware that she estimates a 2-4 week handling time. Considering it is a small family business, I think this is still pretty fast for a custom made item! You can get an item quicker if you chose one of the standard sizes (S, M, L, XL), although it's worth the wait to get something that fits you better.

Once you have paid for your order she will email you a custom sizing sheet in which you can fill out with your measurements and email back to her. Make sure you use your actual body measurements (and not clothing measurements) so that she can make it the right size. She will add extra room onto the measurements you give her so it fits properly. Because the blouse I ordered is a high collar, I also added an extra sizing note about the neck hole to make sure it wasn't too tight.

Here are my items:



The items were very true to the stock photos. I am quite happy with the quality as well. The underskirt is light and fluffy and works great with most of my wardrobe, the lace on the underskirt is also good quality. The chiffon blouse is very comfortable to wear, and the most important part: It's fits PERFECTLY. The sleeves are long enough, and the back/bust/neck all fit great. After going though so many ill-fitting blouses, it was a happy moment when I put this one on.


Conclusion

Quality: 4/5 - Overall I think the quality was very good but when I received the items there was a few loose threads I had to trim, and I feel the overall construction is not on the same level as major brands.

Fit: 5/5 - I have never had anything fit me so well!

Price: 5/5 -  Her prices are very reasonable, and she does not charge extra for custom orders.

Communication: 4/5 - Communication was good but it generally took her a few days to respond to my messages and I had to resend her my measurements because my first email was lost.

Packaging and Shipping: 3/5 - When I received my package, the outside was fairly damaged. I thought this was a fluke, but I see another girl had the same thing happen here (the damage to my package was very similar). Nothing inside the package was damaged though. She only charges $6 USD for shipping which is pretty reasonable, but I wouldn't mind paying more to make sure the package was a bit safer. I'm assuming this is an issue with the Polish Post as that's what the packages start out in. The package also took quite a while to get to me (it showed up at the absolute last minute before I left for the trip I wanted it for), but I am not sure if this was an issue with the actual shipping method or customs holding it up.


Here I am wearing both the blouse and the underskirt, look at the length on that sleeve!
My heigh is 182cm and I requested a sleeve length of 66cm.


Would I buy from Lady Sloth again? 

Yes! Since this review I have purchased a few of her boleros and a few more blouses. I highly recommend Lady Sloth for anyone who has difficulty fitting regular brand blouses.


I hope you found this review helpful. Please let me know in the comments if you have any additional questions!






No comments:

Post a Comment